LubricantJune 14, 2016
InjectablesJune 14, 2016
- Is it safe to use an IUD?Nearly all women can use the IUD safely and effectively, including women who have or have not had children and are breastfeeding.
- Can I do heavy work even while I’m using an IUD?The IUD will not affect your body or your movement. It will not reduce your strength and will not limit you from doing your usual activities.
- Is it painful to have an IUD inserted into a woman’s uterus?Most women who have undergone an IUD insertion had not complained about painful insertion. The procedure would only take around 5 minutes.
- Will using an IUD affect my fertility permanently?Your fertility will return quickly once the IUD is removed. You can become pregnant once the IUD is removed just as quickly as a woman who has never used an IUD.
- When I get pregnant while using an IUD, will it be embedded on my baby’s forehead?It is unlikely that you will get pregnant while using an IUD. The probability is not even 1 in 100 women. Before inserting the IUD, your health provider should ensure that you are not pregnant by conducting an initial check up. If in case you get pregnant while the IUD is inside, visit you doctor and have the device removed.
- Will the IUD rot inside my uterus after prolonged use?The IUD can safely remain inside your uterus up to 12 years. It is made up of materials that cannot deteriorate or rot.
- Is it possible that the Copper T IUD will cause allergic reactions that can be bad for my body?Allergic reactions to copper are extremely rare, and it is even more unusual to retain high amounts of copper in body tissues.
- Can young women and older women use IUDs?According to the World Health Organization (WHO), almost all women in the reproductive age can use IUD. It is necessary to consult a doctor or healthcare provider for an initial check up.
- Will an IUD be the cause for pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)?By itself, the IUD does not cause PID. Gonorrhoea and chlamydia are the primary direct causes of PID. IUD insertion, when a woman has gonorrhoea and Chlamydia, may lead to PID.
- Is it painful to have an IUD removal?An IUD removal is often easier and quicker than the insertion. It is especially important to note that you should never try to remove the IUD by yourself. A qualified health person should remove the IUD to prevent damage.